to £60,000 pa
My client a UK Network Service Provider making infrastructure simple are seeking a Property Manager to join the team
Whilst telecommunications may be seen as a niche area in property circles, it is progressive and my client are well placed as a company offering variety and providing a great platform and opportunity for the right candidate.
The business involves acquiring sites to develop as telecommunication base stations (masts and rooftops) to produce a sustainable long-term asset.
This multi-disciplinary role will be responsible for driving property acquisition and project co-ordination, supporting our end2end deployment management teams.
The role will be involved, as necessary in the whole process from site acquisition to construction and ongoing management, so will be adaptable and ensure engagement, alignment and clear communication across the team and external stakeholders.
- The project management co-ordination role extends across - property acquisition, site design, town planning, instructing solicitors, construction, site handover, site management, lease renewals, alterations.
- Building construction knowledge (theory/practical experience - understanding of construction/design)
- Specifically preparing site feasibility and acquisition reports, identifying challenges in planning/deployment, identifying solutions and ensuring reports are crafted to achieve best marketing and value add for our business.
- The role will be responsible for working with the senior management property team for overall acquisition performance, including key site decisions, the ongoing stakeholder relationship management and monitoring, ensuring our Property goals are achieved.
- Managing complex stakeholder and 3rd party relationships at differing seniority levels.
- Recommend and execute property acquisition decisions for major clients and customers.
- Manage and own regular commercial meetings with Senior Property Managers within the group and with external clients as required, ensuring confident engagement, alignment and clear communication.
- Business Issue / Risks Escalation - facilitate key escalations across the property acquisition portfolio on all regulatory, commercial and qualitative matters ensuring company goals are being met
- Responsible for tracking, assessing and driving project performance improvements, acting as a contact point for escalations and issues, through to resolution.
- Support Property Director with ad hoc tasks and projects as and when needed
Knowledge and experience
- The role will suit a property professional, potentially with a commercial property background, general practice or building surveyor or someone with a relevant background or who is seeking a change in direction and committed to learning quickly
- A high degree of pragmatism and ability to apply practical skills in challenging the expectations and identifying innovative and deliverable solutions.
- Proven influence and persuasion skills to lead, negotiate and provide key commercial input into strategic property decision and strategies.
- Proven ability to work well in cross functional teams and develop strong working relationships, alongside challenging stakeholders where required
Skills and qualifications required for the job
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Office skills including
- Experience of a property management and project management system. Good technical report writing experience required.
- Proven ability to quickly establish credibility, respect and build strong working relationships, such that property manager is actively engaged by the rest of the team.
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrable experience of working and negotiating with all stakeholder levels inside and outside of the company.
- Demonstrable professionalism with a proven ability to operate in a fast paced, high growth business environment.
- Strong and proven organisational skills with ability to handle and influence multiple projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
The successful candidate will:
- Be a strong team player and leader
- Enjoy and be used to working in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Have the highest levels of integrity, demonstrate gravitas and confidence in a business environment across several different stakeholders
- Ideally have a property surveying background, preferably but not necessarily in Telecoms.
- As part of a small team, it's essential you play an enthusiastic team role to provide support across the board and will also be comfortable working independently, escalating for advice and guidance at the right time also is expected.
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate good time management and prioritisation skills across multiple site projects programmes at any one time. and be aligned with our company values:
+++Due to large response to our adverts if you do not hear from us in 5 working days your application has not been successful+++
++This role is an office based position++